|Chronological and political information|
First Sith Empire
Naga Sadow was a Dark Lord of the Sith in the First Sith Empire. He launched the Great Hyperspace War against the Galactic Republic, marking the first conflict between the Republic and the Sith. While in battle, Sadow wielded a poison blade that carried a toxin that poisoned his victims. He also wrote a treatise on the use of sorcery.
After his death, Sadow's followers constructed a tomb in his name in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban, a tomb that also held a Star Map left by the ancient Infinite Empire. His spirit taught Freedon Nadd the ways of the Sith generations later, and Nadd went on to become Dark Lord of the Sith. Prior to the Jedi Civil War, Darth Revan and Darth Malak discovered the Star Map in Sadow’s tomb and used it to help locate and utilize the Star Forge in their quest to destroy the Republic. Revan was later redeemed, and he returned to Sadow’s tomb, sans memories of his time as Dark Lord, and used the Star Map again to locate and destroy the Star Forge. Revan also retrieved Sadow’s blade from the tomb.
Sadow’s legacy continued to live on for millennia. During the Great Galactic War, the True Sith Empire, descended from Sadow’s empire, attacked the Republic. Darth Bane discovered Sadow’s treatise in 1,000 BBY, and the document influenced Bane in the creation of the Rule of Two and the Order of the Sith Lords.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic