- "The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one."
- —Kreia, referring to Meetra Surik[src]
The Mandalorian Wars were a conflict that followed two decades of peace in the galaxy after the Great Sith War. The war came about after Mandalore the Ultimate brought the Mandalorian Clans together under the banner of the Neo-Crusaders, and they launched their war in the Outer Rim Territories in 3,976 BBY.
After three years of conflict in the Outer Rim, the Galactic Republic officially entered the war in 3,963 BBY following the Mandalorian invasion of the Republic. A faction of the Jedi Order, led by Revan, entered the war against the orders of the Jedi High Council. Revan led the Republic and Jedi forces into victory against the Mandalorians, ultimately ending the war in 3,960 BBY at the Battle of Malachor V.
Revan and his followers, including his fellow Jedi Malak, were hailed as heroes by the Republic. Following their victory, Revan and his forces disappeared into the Unknown Regions, where they were swayed to the dark side of the Force by the Emperor of the True Sith Empire. At the Emperor's behest, Darth Revan and Darth Malak returned with their fleet to the known galaxy as enemies of the Republic, where they launched the Jedi Civil War.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Vision to Meetra Surik)