A Grand Master was the highest ranking member of the Jedi Order at any given time. During the Alsakan Crisis, Banik Kelrada was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. During the Great Hutt Wars, the Jedi Grand Master was the leader of the Jedi High Council. The Grand Master had the discretion to open negotiations with other powers, but the High Council was required to approve the majority of actions taken against other groups.
Thousands of years later, Damien Nightblade—who later fell to the dark side of the Force and became Darth Plagueis, the Dark Lord of the Order of the Sith Lords—was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the Great Territorial War. During the Invasion of Utapau, Mace Windy was the Grand Master of the Order.
- Sarus Kappa (–13,000 BBY)
- Banik Kelrada (13,000 BBY)
- Dewbecca (13,000 BBY–)
- Colm Lorian (–12,978 BBY)
- Rev Ultor (12,978 BBY)
- Talzea Keldroma (12,978 BBY –)
- Damien Nightblade (c. 3,932 BBY)
- Mace Windy (c. 22 BBY)
- Alsakan Crisis (First appearance)
- Great Hutt Wars
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Episode II - The Princess of Ondos