|Chronological and political information|
- "The infamous Sith Lord Exar Kun had no relations with the true Sith Empire, but his fall to the dark side set the stage for the Mandalorian Wars and the eventual fall of Revan and Malak."
Exar Kun was a male Human Jedi Knight who fell to the dark side and became a Dark Lord of the Sith. He reigned as Dark Lord during the Great Sith Wars. His reign as Dark Lord, which was eventually succeeded by Darth Revan,, allowed for the resurgence of the Sith after the collapse of the First Sith Empire during the Great Hyperspace War, and it paved the way for the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Timeline 9: The Mandalorian Wars (Appears in hologram)
- Timeline 10: The Exar Kun War (Appears in hologram)
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)