Darth Revan and Darth Malak launched the Jedi Civil War in 3,959 BBY.
|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
|Facts and statistics|
- "Three years ago, Revan and Malak returned at the head of a massive invasion fleet. Revan had assumed the title of Sith Lord; the hero had become a conqueror."
The year 3,959 before the Battle of Yavin (BBY) was a period of time that marked the outbreak of the Jedi Civil War. The war began after Darth Revan and his apprentice, Darth Malak, located the Star Forge at the behest of the Sith Emperor and went on to form their own empire, using the Star Forge to fuel a war effort against the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order.
After the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi General Revan, who had led the Galactic Republic to victory over the Mandalorian Clans, disappeared with his forces into the Unknown Regions. There, he and his friend, Malak, discovered the Sith Emperor, who dubbed them Sith Lords. At the best of the Emperor, who wanted to weaken the Republic in preparation for an invasion by the True Sith Empire, Darth Revan and Darth Malak returned to known space in search of the Star Forge.
The galaxy in 3,959 BBY
Revan chose to break away from the Emperor and form his own empire, dubbing himself Dark Lord of the Sith and Malak his apprentice. Using Star Maps left behind by the ancient Infinite Empire, Revan and Malak discovered the Star Forge and used it to begin fueling their coming war effort against the Republic.
Around that time, Meetra Surik, who had served as a General under Revan during the Mandalorian Wars but did not follow him into the Unknown Regions as the other Jedi had, returned to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to face the judgment of the Jedi High Council. As a consequence for her defiance of the Council and actions during the Battle of Malachor V that ended the war, Surik was exiled from the Jedi Order and she cut off her connection from the Force.
Shortly thereafter, Revan and Malak led their Sith forces into Republic space and began the Jedi Civil War. They conquered territory that they came to call the Second Sith Empire, including Korriban where they created a Sith Academy.
- Darth Revan constructs HK-47
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First appearance)(Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- The Treaty of Coruscant was signed in 3,653 BBY. The date was derived using simple math.
- The Ruusan Reformations occurred in 1,000 BBY. The date was derived using simple math.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan